To develop professionally competent Electrical and Electronics Engineers to
cater to the global needs in multi-disciplinary domains.
To offer quality education in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
and to empower the students by imparting technical skills for innovating,
transforming and globalizing the power sector so as to lead the society in a
About the Department
The department was started with an intake of 60 in the year 2013. The asset of the department is its highly qualified faculty members with excellent academic records and well established laboratory facilities since inception. The department organizes various value added programmes, seminars, industrial visits and workshops for the benefits of the students and faculty members. It also continuously coordinates with the training and placement cell to provide opportunities for its students in core areas of Electrical and Electronics Engineering and software development. The main objective of the department is to develop illustrious engineering graduates of high caliber who occupy prestigious positions in the academia and industrial fields. Apart from academics, the department hosts clubs for co-curricular and extracurricular activities clubs as EEE Association, ISTE activities and Tamil mandram events. The department has well equipped laboratories in Engineering practices, Control and Instrumentation, Power electronics, Electrical Machines, Powersystem simulation with modern training and research The department has the latest simulation tools to facilitate learning in various specializations
EEE Department Milestones
- Two Doctorates in the department and three are pursuing Ph.D.
- Faculty members are available with different thrust areas such as Power Electronics, Power Systems Engineering, Applied Electronics, Process Control and Instrumentation, Power Management, Control and Instrumentation.
- A Professor is a Member of Editorial Board in the International Journal of Research and Innovation in Applied Science (IJRIAS)
- Our department faculty published 18 papers in International Journals and 36 papers in National / International Conferences.
- EEE department signed MoUs with Purdue university-U.S.A, KL University-Andhra Pradesh, ABE Semiconductor Pvt. Ltd.,-Chennai, Vi Microsystems-Chennai, Pantech Solutions-Chennai, Bluetronics Pvt,Ltd-Chennai, Prolific Systems and Technologies Pvt.Ltd-Coimbatore, Sarayu Engineering-Dindigul.
- Department organized several Guest lectures and seminars delivered by eminent personalities from ISRO, DRDO, KKNPP, Purdue University etc.,
- Department has organized an event “CATRISHYAA 2K17” for various schools and college students. Motivational speech was delivered by Pattimandram Pugazh Mr.S.Raja and Ms.A.Gananamani, Principal Scientist, CLRI-Chennai during 2017.
- Department received a grant of Rs 25,000 from the ISTE for National conference ETEE-2015 and seminar.
- Four numbers of text books have been published by our faculty members in the EEE domain.
- Our department provided 125 placement offers to the students from 2017 to 2019 academic year.
- Four of our faculty members secured Elite grade in NPTEL exams conducted by IIT for the upgradation of their knowledge.
- Four of our department students have received Dr.Kalam Young Achiever Award 2016 for project “Smart walking stick for visually impaired”.
- Our students received a fund of Rs.5300-/ from RUTAG, IIT Madras for Smart walking stick for visually impaired project.
- Our students completed a project “Effective Automation of water level System & Chlorination” worth of Rs. 3000/- were sponsored by primary health centre, Tamilnadu govt.
- Our students have won cash awards of Rs. 20,000/- and memento in technical events held at various reputed colleges.
- Two of our students has received” ISTE Chapter BEST STUDENT AWARD-2016 & 2017” in ISTE annual engineering student convention.
- Our student secured an “Overall Championship Trophy” in GyanMitr-18, conducted by Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi.
- One of our student received a cash prize of Rs. 5000/- in instrument playing competition at P.A.College of Engineering, Pollachi
- Industrial visits were arranged for our students to various companies like Mettur Thermal Power station, Koodan Kulam Nuclear Power Plant , Keltron Industries-Kerala, L & T Switch gear-Coonor, Wind Mills and Solar Power plants etc…,
- Our department conducted three value added courses for our students during academic year 2017-2018 through which placement offers were provided.
- Our department and Women Empowerment Cell of our college have jointly organized a Nationwide Competition on “Awareness about the legal rights of Women” sponsored by National Commission for Women during 2018.