“To enrich the knowledge base of students in automobile domain and create professionals who contribute significantly to the design, redesign, research and development in the automotive industry both national and global areas”
“To constantly enhance knowledge base of students in mobility industry and interact with industry for conceptual application”
About the Department
Automobile Engineering is a branch of engineering which deals with designing, manufacturing and operating automobiles like motorcycles, buses, trucks, etc., and its subsystems. Automobile Engineering incorporates mechanical, electrical, electronic, software & safety elements and this sector always need experts in vehicle designing, manufacturing and servicing.
Keep this in mind, SSMIET took a plunge into this challenging field of Automobile Engineering and established the Department of Automobile Engineering in 2011. It offers B.E., Automobile Engineering course under UG program with an annual intake of 60 students. The objective of Automobile Engineering program is to nurture the students with creativity, research orientation and finest qualities in order to excel in this domain. The academic activities are so planned in a way to accelerate the understanding of fundamental principles and provide a broad exposure in the design, development and testing of automobiles to the students. This program train the students well aware with latest technological developments, challenges and diverse needs of the various areas of automobile industry through good practical study, industrial exposure and industry based value added courses.
The department has well equipped class rooms and laboratories like Vehicle Maintenance and Repair lab, Automotive Components Lab, Two and Three Wheeler Lab, CAD & CAE Lab, Automotive Fuel and Lubricants Lab, Engine Performance and Emission Testing Lab, Automotive Electrical and Electronics Lab to cater the needs of the students. The department has the 11 faculty members qualified from renowned academic institutes and also from industries background.
Automobile Engineering students at SSMIET are exposed to work with the industries as an internship activity during the course and regular industrial visits to renowned industries like TAFE, TOYOTA, etc., is one of the key activities of this department. Apart from academic activity, the department frequently brings the industry and academic experts through SAE to deliver the special lectures on emerging trends, challenges and needs in automotive sectors to the students. The department always encourage and guide the students to participate in national level competitions organized by SAE, ISIE, ISNEE etc., The Automobile Engineering Association & SAE-SSMIET Club is consistently conducting various activities like Vehicle Safety Riding programme, Traffic Awareness programme, Vehicle Maintenance and Servicing programmes, Fuel Injector Pump Calibration Programme, Design and Fabrication of ATV, Go-Kart, Solar Bike vehicle Programme etc.
- Graduates will be able to use a multiple skill set as artistic, creative, technical knowledge, effective planner, precision, meticulous, punctual and systematic to design and manufacture the automotive ancillary parts with eco-friendly.
- Students will be able to apply mechanical, thermodynamic, Pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical principles to resolving problems and find appropriate solutions.
- Graduates will be able to apply the various basic knowledge of science, intellectual practical skills, mathematical, statistical, engineering technological and problem solving ability in a professional career in any automotive industry.
- Graduates will be able to design, model and analyze the prototype as well as real model and to conduct the various tests in product development environment through software tools technologies
- Students can able to think innovatively with the capacity to combine or synthesize existing ideas, expertise in original ways, pro-acting, working in an imaginative way characterized by a high degree of innovation, divergent thinking and risk taking.
- Students can able to play their roles in the various functions effectively and perfectly as team member, team leader and team manager in any automotive industry.
- Have a global understanding, articulate the foundational assumptions, central ideas, dominant criticisms of the psychoanalytic, gestalt and cognitive approaches to psychology.
- Top level of communication effectively across all design and management interface levels of an organization.